Jewish Culture Overview
The J in JCC
The York JCC's Cultural Department is committed to providing a barrier-free home for Jewish life in York and in strengthening and preserving Jewish culture. Through a variety of activities, programs, events and celebrations, the JCC's Cultural Department provides focus, resources and programming in an environment that is open and welcome to all.
The York JCC
Be a Part of It:
- Promotes respect and understanding of Jewish values, history and culture
- Brings exciting programming for the mind and soul that is intellectually challenging and entertaining
- Fosters an understanding and support for Israel
- Volunteer - As a non-profit organization, the York JCC is always looking for good volunteers. Tell us about your talents and we'll see if we can find the perfect place for you at the JCC.
- Share your ideas - Please send ideas and suggestions for cultural or educational programs to Cultural and Contemporary Adult Director Rachel Singer.
- Contribute - Please consider supporting our cultural programming with a tax-deductible donation. We rely on generous donors like you to help us present our cultural offerings.
- Holiday celebrations
- Israel Programming
- Jewish Film Festival
- Jewish Food Festival
- Judaism Classes for folks of all faiths
- Jewish Youth Groups
- Shabbat and Holiday Displays
- Shabbat Shalom Class for pre-school age children
- Speakers Bureau available to schools and organizations
- Tuesday Club (Intellectual and social programs for mature adults)
Schools and organizations are invited to avail themselves of the JCC's Speakers Bureau. We offer such topics as: Basic Judaism, Holocaust Education and Jewish Holidays.
Please contact Cultural and Contemporary Adult Director Rachel Singer
if you are interested in having a speaker present to your group or if you would like to volunteer to become a speaker.
- Sukkah Building Party
- Chanukah Party and nightly Candle Lighting
- Purim Carnival
- Laugh Your Tuchas Off Comedy Club (annually)
- Yom HaAtzma'ut Celebration